About Pop-Up Drain Assemblies
Also referred to as a pop-up stopper, the pop-up drain assembly may become faulty over time. Fortunately, PlumbersStock has a huge selection of replacement sink parts to get your bathroom sink working like new. We carry the industry’s leading brands (Moen, Brizo, GROHE).
If you are a beginner when it comes to this type of product, you may have difficulty choosing and buying the best pop-up drain assembly. If that’s the case, then read on for our beginner’s guide or call for more information!
Choosing Your Sink Pop-Up Stopper
For the most part, pop-up drain assemblies are very similar and can be used on almost any sink. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind, such as:
- Length of Piping: All pop-up valves have a minimum length that your drain pipe must descend to be able to use. For example, if you purchase a sink pop-up assembly with a length of 8.5”, then your drain pipe must descend (vertically) at least that amount. Take the proper measurements, and make sure your pop-up assembly will fit correctly.
- Features: Some assemblies come with no-overflow features that ensure, when it is engaged, no overflows will occur. These are needed if your sink does not have overflow holes installed.
- Ease of Installation: Though all assemblies have a degree of difficulty, you must make sure that you are up to the challenge. If not, we suggest calling a plumber or a professional for some help, as these are among the most technically challenging installation projects you’ll encounter in the bathroom.
Installing the Pop-Up Drain Assembly
As we mentioned above, installing a sink pop-up stopper takes some plumbing acumen, and can be a very hard job. If you have trouble, call us and we can (hopefully) give you some more information; but, we definitely recommend calling your local plumbing technician to ensure efficient and correct installation. Here are some beginning pointers to get you started:
- Prepare the Sink: Take out the old pop-up assembly and clean it; this is absolutely necessary before continuing the process. Turn off water main as well.
- Use Pipe Joint Compound: The rubber washer within the assembly needs to be waterproof; use pipe joint compound to make sure this is the case. Use plumber’s putty (or a gasket) on the ring that goes above the sink as well.
- Follow Package Instructions: Many pop-up assemblies are quite different, making the actual installation a bit more difficult. As such, follow the instructions to a T.
Save on Pop-Up Drains Online
PlumbersStock offers the highest quality pop-up drain assemblies on the web, as well as up to 50% off most products’ retail prices. Because of that, there are few other stores you can visit where you’ll receive our level of quality and good deals. So, call today or check out our great selection of plumbing parts, and save on all your bathroom renovations.