About Band Saw Parts
Here you will find high-quality replacement band saw parts that will help you get your band saw running like new. Fixing your band saw can be a hassle, but with the right parts and the right know-how, you can save a lot of money by avoiding the replacement of the entire power saw.
We have a huge selection of power tools from the best brands, like Milwaukee. Buy new power tools or get your machine fixed with the right power tool parts!
Diagnosing Band Saw Issues
With band saws, a lot can go wrong—particularly when you consider the sheer amount of moving parts required to make them work. So, here are just a few problems that may occur and what you can do to fix them.
- Rough Cuts: If you need bandsaw parts because your machine is not cutting correctly, chances are you have a damaged or dull blade. Either sharpen it or replace the blade completely—check out our stock for the best band saw blades available.
- Inaccurate Cuts: If your band saw isn’t cutting in the areas you want it to, it may be time to check the guides on your saw. These allow for better precision when using a band saw; however, they do wear down easily and oftentimes need replacement. Bandsaw parts, fortunately, are quite easy to replace. Simply unscrew them, and put the new ones on!
- Motor Won’t Start: There are a few things here that could be an issue; first of all, your motor may be completely bad. If this is the case, replacing it is the best option (but make sure you have the right HP when you do so). But, if you wish to tackle fixing your engine, try checking the capacitor (if it has trouble starting) or the housing (if it won’t start at all). If they are discolored or leaking, you may be able to replace these products and be okay; otherwise, take it to a motor repair place, or call your local technician; the problem may be a bit more difficult than what we can describe here.
Tips to Follow When Replacing Band Saw Parts
Though we can’t give a step-by-step tutorial on fixing your machine, we can give you a few guidelines to follow:
- Unplug before doing any repair work: You do not want to shock yourself if the problem happens to be electrical.
- Wear Gloves: Obviously, band saw parts are quite sharp and can easily slice human flesh. If you are unlucky (or lucky, depending on how you look at it), the saw may start during repair, or you may simply run your fingers across the blade. Either way, you have a high probability of injuring yourself, unless you wear protective handwear. Do so for your own safety.
- Call for Help: If you find yourself wading beyond what your technical acumen allows, do not blindly continue; either call someone who can help you fix your saw, offer advice on the right replacement band saw part, or simply cut your losses and replace it completely.
Buy Band Saw Replacement Parts Online
Overall, PlumbersStock offers a wide variety of great products to help no matter what your band saw needs. Call today for more information about how you can save money on band saw repair and replacement or shop around for discount tools and tool parts.